NOW HIRING! DIRECTOR OF YOUTH PROGRAMS, TEACHERS AND NURSES
YOUTH DIRECTOR POSITION SUMMARY
Ugat ng Kalusugan is seeking a Director of Youth Programs. Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Director of Youth Programs will play a critical role in helping Roots of Health achieve its vision to provide high quality programs aimed at reaching young people. The Youth Program Director will be responsible for a variety of significant activities including internal operations, program management, human resources, expansion, and program evaluation. S/he will be instrumental in ensuring consistent and effective internal processes and communications in order to strengthen Roots of Health programs and position the organization for continued success
This is a full-time position with a two-month probation period. Salary of P25,000 – P35,000 per month, depending on experience and salary history. Benefits include Phil Health, SSS, private insurance coverage, 10 paid vacation days, up to 10 days sick leave, three months paid maternity leave, 13th month pay, one week paid leave for Holy Week, and two weeks paid leave between Christmas and New Year. Some relocation benefits are available.
Strategy, vision, and leadership
- Oversee the program operations and day-to-day leadership of Roots of Health’s Youth Programs (currently Comprehensive Sexual Education in Schools and a Youth Advocate program); set strategic direction and annual targets; provide management guidance and oversight, develop strategies, ensure that targets are met, and provide ongoing operational assistance
- Drive and/ or support coordination of direct program and expansion strategies including hiring, training, and new site start-up efforts; help build strategic partnerships in existing and new schools / communities
- Contribute to the development of Roots of Health’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization
- Support development and dissemination of grant applications and program reports to effectively communicate impact to the board, funders, and other stakeholders
Programmatic management and operations
- Supervise Roots of Health’s Youth Programs to drive educational awareness and provide key clinical services to youth in Palawan to make informed decisions about reproductive health within a youth friendly network of service providers; develop annual goals for each program, drive design of program strategies, including curriculum, monitor progress / course correct as needed to meet goals
- Attract, develop, coach, and evaluate team members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility, span of control, and performance
- Work with staff to develop systems to ensure consistent, high-quality project management
- Enhance and ensure ongoing organizational excellence by establishing program benchmarks, timelines, and resources needed to achieve strategic goals, set standards for accountability and measurements of success
- Oversee Programmatic evaluation activities including design of impact metrics, timely data collection and reporting
- Review data reports on an ongoing basis and proactively recommend and drive improvements as necessary; prepare evaluation updates for the ED, board of directors, and staff
- Manage relationships with community, government and partner organizations
- Support fundraising activities (grant writing and reporting) to support existing programs and the growth of Roots of Health; cultivate existing relationships and develop new funder relationships
Knowledge management and communication
- Create a culture of continuous learning, providing mentorship and development opportunities for all staff, with emphasis on teaching staff across programs
- Develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge that is generated by the programs
- Support communications and dissemination system to share organizational learning with a broad range of communities
- Work collaboratively with the senior management team to integrate cross program learning activities and functions
The Youth Program Director will be thoroughly committed to Roots of Health mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, administrative, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Advanced degree, ideally in Education, Public Health or related field; or 5-8+ years relevant senior management or academic leadership experience.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Exceptional project management, prioritization, and planning skills, with demonstrated success producing high-quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Fluency in English and Tagalog
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Contact information for at least three references must also be included, with at least one of those being from the applicant’s last held position.
(Incomplete applications will NOT be considered)
Interviews with shortlisted applicants will be conducted on a rolling basis.
TEACHER POSITION SUMMARY
Ugat ng Kalusugan is seeking a teacher to work in our high school outreach programming. Working with our other educators, the teacher will help create and teach workshops and education sessions focused on sexual health education, in public high schools, colleges and communities in Palawan. This is a full-time position with a two-month probation period. Salary of P18,000 per month plus benefits including Phil Health, SSS, 10 paid vacation days, three months paid maternity leave, 13th month pay, one week paid leave for Holy Week, and two weeks paid leave between Christmas and New Year. Initial commitment of at least one year.
• Work with Ugat ng Kalusugan staff in creating and disseminating workshops and education sessions focused on reproductive health, HIV, puberty.
• With the teaching team, train Youth Advocates.
• Implement pre- and post-intervention surveys to students in the high school and college sessions.
• Provide general support to staff of Ugat ng Kalusugan with other administrative and programmatic needs including other data entry and analysis, attending meetings, etc.
• Passionate about providing high quality, non-judgmental education and information to young people.
• College or university degree, preferably in Education.
• Ability to work effectively in teams.
• Highly organized and detail oriented, enthusiastic, flexible and good-humored.
• At least one year of teaching or community organizing experience
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Only applications with both a cover letter and a resume will be considered.
NURSE POSITION SUMMARY
Ugat ng Kalusugan is hiring a Nurse to provide direct clinical services and education to the women and children that the organization serves. This is a full-time position with a two-month probation period. Salary of P18,000 per month plus benefits including Phil Health, SSS, 10 paid vacation days, three months paid maternity leave, 13th month pay, one week paid leave for Holy Week, and two weeks paid leave between Christmas and New Year. Initial commitment of at least one year.
• Go on mission trips with the UNK Missions Team and provide reproductive health services, including implants, to women who want them. Trips are generally 2-5 days long and are conducted once a month.
• Conduct check-ups for women and girls in Ugat ng Kalusugan program sites. This includes carrying out pap smears, pelvic exams, prenatal and postnatal checkups, basic care of cuts and minor injuries and other basic clinical procedures.
• For community-based prenatal checkups, applicant must have experience and training in recognizing delivery complications and know when to refer a client to an OB-GYN or to a hospital or lying in clinic.
• Counsel women on family planning issues, and prescribe and dispense the appropriate contraceptives to women who seek to be on contraception.
• Teach health information and education in small community-based classes, providing women and girls with education and information regarding their health, especially their reproductive health.
• Enthusiastic about providing compassionate, non-judgmental, high quality care to women and girls
• Ability to travel for 2-5 days at a time at least once a month
• Board certification in nursing
• College or university degree
• Experience with IV therapy training, vaginal suturing, emergency newborn care and basic life support
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Enthusiastic, flexible and good-humored, with the ability to work effectively in teams
• At least one year of direct nursing work experience
Send cover letter and resume as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applications with both a cover letter and a resume will be considered.