Are you an educator with a passion for empowering women and young people? Roots of Health is hiring! We are searching for a teacher to join our Financial Literacy and Community Teen teaching teams. Interested applicants should send their application materials as soon as possible.
Ugat ng Kalusugan is seeking a teacher to work in our community outreach programming. Working with our other teachers and clinical team, the teacher will help create and teach workshops and education sessions focused on financial literacy and reproductive health to women in our community sites. This is a full-time position for 8 months. Salary of P12,000 per month plus benefits including Phil Health, SSS, 10 paid vacation days, three months paid maternity leave, 13th month pay, and two weeks paid leave between Christmas and New Year. Additional relocation benefits for applicants outside of Palawan.
• Work with Ugat ng Kalusugan staff in creating and disseminating workshops and education sessions focused on financial literacy and reproductive health in our six community sites.
• Assist colleagues in creating and teaching sessions for youth in our Community Teen program
• Implement pre- and post-intervention surveys to participants in the community outreach workshops.
• Enter and analyze data from the pre- and post-intervention surveys.
• Provide general support to staff of Ugat ng Kalusugan with other administrative and programmatic needs including other data entry and analysis, attending meetings, etc.
• College or university degree, preferably in Social Work or Education
• Interest in working with women in community settings
• Highly organized and detail oriented, enthusiastic, flexible and good-humored
• At least one year of teaching or community organizing experience
• Experience in teaching material related to math or finance
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Desired start date: May 5, 2015.
Interviews with shortlisted applicants will be conducted on a rolling basis.