Roots of Health /Ugat ng Kalusugan is a nonprofit organization focused on improving the health of women and girls, and their communities, in Puerto Princesa, Palawan, in the Philippines. We aim to increase the reproductive health and overall well-being of women and girls, and decrease malnutrition in babies and young children.
Roots of Health empowers women and girls to secure their right to health and freedom from violence, and to support and protect the health and well-being of their children. Our activities are guided by the international human rights framework, which includes a core belief that health is a human right; these activities are carried out using a community-based approach.
Ugat ng Kalusugan is seeking a Teacher to work in our Elementary, High School, College, and Community Outreach Programming. Working with a teaching team, the teacher will help create and teach workshops and education sessions focused on reproductive health in schools and community sites. This is a full-time position with a two-month probation period. Salary of P9,000 per month plus benefits including Phil Health, SSS, 10 paid vacation days, three months paid maternity leave, 13th month pay, one week paid leave for Holy Week, and two weeks paid leave between Christmas and New Year. Additional relocation benefits for applicants outside of Palawan.
• Work with Ugat ng Kalusugan staff in creating and disseminating workshops and education sessions focused on reproductive health.
• Assist the College Outreach Program Coordinator with handling student leaders and training peer educators.
• Help plan and implement Ugat ng Kalusugan’s Educational Support Program for children and coordinate the nutritional support program sessions.
• Provide general support to staff of Ugat ng Kalusugan with other administrative and programmatic needs including data entry and analysis, attending meetings, etc.
• College or university degree
• Interest in working with young people
• Highly organized and detail oriented, enthusiastic, flexible and good-humored
• At least one year of teaching or community organizing experience
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.